A SafeCom Controller is by default configured by DHCP, so how do you configure it if you can`t find the IP-address?
- Locate the MAC-Address of the controller. It is labeled on the back side. (Looks like: 00-C0-76-11-22-33).
- Use a laptop and configure the NIC with a static IP. (it should work if you just put it in the same subnet as the controller too using dhcp, but sometimes you will not be able to do that)
- On the controller, press and hold the reset button while inserting the power adapter to turn it on. Hold it until you see an unusal blinking of all 4 leds, then release it.
- Open command prompt as administrator on the computer, and enter the following command:
arp -s <ip to set on the controller> <mac of controller>
Example: arp -s 192.168.0.100 00-c0-76-11-22-33
- Still in the command prompt, enter the command: ping -t <ip>
Use <ctrl> + C to stop it when you get a ping reply.
- If you after 1-2 minute do not receive a ping-reply you may still be able to configure the device if you enter http://<ip> in your webbrowser (web service seems to start before the icmp service on the controller). Repeat steps 3-5 if you can`t enter the web site. You could also try to open.
NB: The old controllers have reached end-of-sales and end-of-support.